Monday, July 09, 2007

Welcome Home! I Missed You All




Welcome Home! I Missed You
"Sometimes before God
can use a man mightily, he must be broken deeply"

In this chronicle, look for...
1. Greetings! I missed you
2. Where is your focus? Looking unto Jesus
3. Meeting the Kingsmen, Dixie Melody Boys, Karen Peck and New River and several more
__________________________
Greetings! I Missed You!

Hello Everyone.
Let me be the first to say a few things. First of all, I can not tell you how glad I am about getting my Chronicles back up and running. I have to appologize for it being so long since I updated you last. It has been about 10 months or so since I updated my Chronicles. I am so glad to be back, and I can't wait to hear from you to and see how you have been and what's new in your life. Although I haven't updated you for a long time, you have still remained in my prayers, as always.

So, what else is new with me? I am still in school here in Bangor at Husson College and am in the process of making a decision about what to do in the fall. I began at Husson in the elementary education major, but over the past year, both my advisor and God have been leading me to change majors due to some major struggles in a few of my required classes for the major that i'm in. At this point, I honestly feel like I'm at a crossroads as to where God would have me next. I have several opportunities open to me, so please keep me in your prayers, that I would do His Will and not my own.

I am still so thankful to be living here in Bangor with no
w 4 other Christian guys that are all doing a great job keeping me accountable and encouraging me every day. If you are a single guy, I would recommend this to you. Find a good Christian guy to share an apartment or a house with. I can not begin to tell you how the Lord has used the guys in my house to help, encourage, and keep me in line. Pray for Josh, Johnny, Jimmy, and Buster. They are my roommates. In August my apartment will be getting smaller because Josh is getting married, and Johnny is moving into a college dorm room. Then it will be just myself, Buster and Jimmy. That means the rent will go up. On that note, please pray about my job situation. I was recently laid off from my job as a delivery guy at a local Chinese restaurant. So now im back to job hunting again. Please pray that He will lead me to a job that will be permanent, or on the same token, pray that if it be His Will, that He will lead me into some kind of full time ministry, whether it be youth ministry, pastoral ministry, or music ministry. Right now I'm blessed with being a member of a worship team that ministers at a young adult group called Reality, every Thursday night at 7pm at a new church called "The Rock" in Bangor. The pic to the right is 3 out of the 6 people on our worship team singing at Reality.

________________________________________
Where is your focus? Looking Unt
o Jesus!

Hebrews 12:2 says "
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Read this quote a few times if you would:
"Sometimes before a man can be used mightily, he must be broken deeply."

It is this verse, and this quote that have been my constant encouragement over the past several months. They are both so powerful, and meaningful. Its almost too much to digest at once. "Looking unto Jesus...". That says it all right there. Let me encourage you to never stop looking to Jesus. For so many years I have been telling that to people, and I have had so many people tell that to me, but to be honest with you, I was hit right between the forehead with it over the past several months. I got so upset with myself because I have always told people to look to Jesus, but so many times I myself was not listening to my own advice. I have been tested with this more recently then I believe I have my whole life, and for good reason. I know that now. Thank the Lord that He never gave up on me when I was ready to give up.

What do you think about th
at quote. The Lord knew exactly when I needed it. I had never heard that quote till November or December of last year, and man, did it hit me hard. I didn't realize HOW MUCH that God could use my trials to help me grow so much in him. "Before a man can be used mightily, he must be broken deeply", and let me tell you, I sure have been broken lately.

I don't have any idea whatsoever what you might be going through right now, but I'm sure that there are things that you need prayer for. Maybe you are going through something that is testing your faith more than ever before. Lean on this thought. Look to Jesus. You might be saying "well, thats obvious", or "easier said than done", but I am here to tell you NO on both counts. To many, it doesnt always come naturally to look to Jesus, because all they have ever done was worry, or complain, or grieve, and it didn't even try to lean on the Lord. Maybe you did trust in the Lord, or are trusting in the Lord right now. Well! Keep it up! Don't give up, shut up, let up, until you are paid up, prayed up, stored up for the cause of Christ. I think thats the way it goes. HA HA.

"Lord, I pray that you would continue to bless my friends and loved ones. You knew each of their hearts and mind, and you know their struggles and heartaches. I pray that even at this very moment you would touch those lives and show them that there is no life without Jesus, and that no matter what it is they are going through, if they are called according to your purpose, they will never recieve more than they can handle. Even if they don't understand Father, help them know that you understand, and you see, and that they can rest in that. Put your arms around them and encourage, love, and bless them as we know you do every day. In your name I pray, Amen."
______
__________________________________________
Meeting The Kingsmen, The Dixie Melody Boys, Karen Peck and New River and several more.

I am privileged to be friends with a family here in Bangor that are not only very close friends of mine, but also have traveled over the years singing Southern Gospel music. Their group name is Glorybound, and their family names are Rick, Retta, and Dawn Kelley. Rick and Retta have been friends of mine for quite a while now and have been more than a blessing to me. Dawn, their daughter, is also an amazing Christian friend of mine who I have worked with in college with a ministry called Chi Alpha Campus Ministries.

Over the past 9 ye
ars, Glorybound has hosted a weekend long Southern Gospel Jubilee at the Blue Hill fairgrounds in Blue Hill, Maine. Let me tell you, it is a blessing. Every year they invite 10-15 different southern gospel groups to this jubilee, and man, do they have a good time. I was given the privilege to work as a volunteer at this years jubilee. It runs from Thursday to Sunday, with each night having 4 or 5 different groups singing. I was so blessed to be able to listen, hear, and even hang out with all the different groups while they were here. I was able to help carry sound equipment, joke around with, and even pray with a number of these groups. Oh what a time it was. I'm so thankful I got a chance to be a part of it. I think i'm gonna volunteer every year now. What an encouragement, and the Lord knew just what I needed, and again came through as He always does on blessing me beyond measure.

Some of the groups that were there this year were, The Kingsmen, The Dixie Melody Boys, Kevin Spencer and Friends, TK and the McRae's, Mark Bishop, Tribute Quartet (formerly Monument quartet), Karen Peck and New River, Sufficient Grace, and so many more. I had a great time talking to Ray Reese, who is the owner and Bass Singer for the Kingsmen. He was the one that sang the part in the "excuses" song, where he sang..."just to blow that poor kids nose". The Kingsmen are celebrating their 50th anniversary and Ray has been with them for over 40 years now. It was great talking to him. I also talked to Ed O'Niel who is the bass and oldest member of the Dixie Melody Boys. Overall, it was just a great time. Below you will find some pictures. If you ever get a chance, come on down to Blue Hill in June to see some of the concerts. Its a great time.



__________________________________________

Well, I guess I have shared enough for now. I'm definitely going to make a large effort to update you a lot more often now that I am back up and running. I promise to keep you in my prayers, and hope that you will do the same for me. ALSO, PLEASE drop me an email at grojared@yahoo.com, or even better, give me a phone call sometime...my new number (pass it on) is 207-907-6310. This is a new number and my old number is no longer in service. Well, until next time. God Bless You, and Keep Smiling.

Looking unto Jesus,

Jared Grover
1 Corin. 15:58


1 comment:

Amy Ritchie said...

Hooray. He FINALLY updated his page.
Thank you Jared. I know that you have been wondering what you would write. You did a great job. I must admit though that I found the small while lettering hard to read.

talk to you later
Amy